The KEYMARK Scheme Groups (former Scheme Development Group - SDG) shall undertake the following actions with regard to the management of the KEYMARK scheme:
- to ensure that all empowered Certification Bodies taking part in a KEYMARK Scheme:
- operate in accordance with the KEYMARK system rules and the rules of the related KEYMARK Scheme Rules;
- maintain confidentiality, unless otherwise required to do so by law;
- recognize and accept the validity of KEYMARK licences granted by other empowered Certification Bodies. This recognition does not imply legal responsibility.
- to maintain the KEYMARK Scheme Rules dealing with all matters of principle for granting KEYMARK licences and to monitor the maintenance of integrity and technical competence of the participating bodies;
- to keep updated and available the list of European standards referred to in the KEYMARK schemes.
Scheme Development Groups exist for different products:
- SDG-1: Plastics piping and ducting systems (inactive)
- SDG-2: Heat cost allocators (inactive)
- SDG-3: Ceramic tiles (inactive)
- SDG-4: Controllers for heating systems (inactive)
- SDG-5/QAC: Thermal insulation products (active)
- SKN: Solar thermal products (active)
- CCC3/KEYMARK: Thermostatic radiator valves (active)
- HPSG: Heat pumps (active)
- SPSG: Security products (active)
Each SDG/KEYMARK Scheme Group works separately and most are still preparing their specific Scheme Rules.