Which products can be certified?Heat pump space heaters providing heat to water-based central heating systems for space heating purposes
- Heat pump combination heaters providing heat to water-based central heating systems for space heating purposes and heat to deliver domestic hot water
- Heat pump water heaters dedicated to providing domestic hot water
- Heating capacity up to 400 kW
- Air/air heat pumps
- Hybrid heat pumps and hybrid combination heat pumps
- CO2 heat pumps specifically designed for heating domestic water and which are placed on the market without a water tank.
Basis of Testing and Certification
The following European Standards and implementing regulations are contained within the testing and certification:
- EN 14511 Parts 1 - 4 “Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling”; or
- EN 12309 parts 1 - 7 “Gas-fired absorption and adsorption air-conditioning and/or heat pump appliances with a net heat input not exceeding 70 kW”; or
- EN 16147 “Heat pumps with electrically driven compressors. Testing and requirements for marking of domestic hot water units.”
- EN 14825 “Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps, with electrically driven compressors, for space heating and cooling. Testing and rating at part load conditions and calculation of seasonal performance.”
- EN 12102-1 “Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages, heat pumps, process chillers and dehumidifiers with electrically driven compressors – Determination of the sound power level – Part 1: Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages, heat pumps for space heating and cooling, dehumidifiers and process chillers
- EN 12102-2 “Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages, heat pumps, process chillers and dehumidifiers with electrically driven compressors – Determination of the sound power level – Part 2: Heat pump water heaters
- EN 15879-1 “Testing and rating of direct exchange ground coupled heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and/or cooling. Part 1: direct exchange to water heat pumps.”
- EN16905 parts 1 to 5: Gas-fired endothermic engine driven heat pumps methods
- EN13203-5: DHW testing standard for hybrid boiler
- Regulation (EU) No. 206/2012 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for air conditioners and comfort fans
- Regulation (EU) No. 813/2013 for environmentally responsible design (eco-design) of space heating equipment and combined heating equipment.
- Regulation (EU) No. 814/2013 for environmentally responsible design (eco-design) of water heaters and hot water tanks.
Only those heat pumps are certified with "KEYMARK", that were successfully tested by an accredited and registered testing laboratory bound by contract with the empowered Certification Body, neutrally assessed and thus proofed their compliance with the relevant European standards and the KEYMARK Scheme Rules.
After a positive assessment, the empowered Certification Body issues a KEYMARK certificate which is valid for 10 years.
On application, the certificate may be renewed for another 10 years, provided the external surveillance in the form of an annual inspection of the Factory Production Control (FPC) as well as check test of the products has been successfully carried out every two years.